Watchmaking is an art of high level and deserves to be acknowledged as such. At Tzougaris.gr, you will find a model watch repair and maintenance workshop. We have the latest equipment for cleaning, checking and adjusting watches that, combined with our experience, our skills and our love for watches, allow us to provide complete service for your watch. We always use genuine spare parts for all watches from all manufacturers (ROLEX – ΩMEGA – TAG HEUER – SEIKO – CITIZEN, and more). Our watch service is covered by a one-year written guarantee. We recommend that you have the mechanism of your watch checked at least every 5 years (especially for mechanical watches) to ensure that it is kept in perfect working order. The mechanism of your watch needs cleaning from time to time, depending on the use and operating conditions. Changes in the fluidity of the lubricant – the degree to which the lubricant dries out after a certain period of time – can create friction, which could affect the accuracy of the mechanism, causing it to run fast or slow, or to stop. Therefore, if your watch runs significantly fast or slow, the mechanism may require full service.
16-step complete watch repair
- After removal of the bracelet or strap and the lid, the watch is placed on a demagnetiser
where the watch is demagnetised.
- The weight and the hands are removed, and a visual and technical examination is performed.
- The balance spring is removed and the watch is left to unwind.
We observe the movement, the way in which the watch unwinds. Additional adjustments may be required..
- In the following step, we disassemble and carefully examine every component for wear and damage, repairing or replacing parts if needed.
- All parts of the watch are placed in a container with clean gasoline for an ample amount of time. All components are carefully cleaned with a brush, dried on tissue paper, and meticulously examined. They are then placed in special containers and inserted in the ultrasonic washing machine for full cleaning.
- After cleaning, the watch is carefully reassembled and all bearings and moving parts are lubricated.
- The date disk is placed and the watch is adjusted to the current date. .
- The bezel, the glass, the gaskets, the crown, and the buttons are removed from the case.
- We repair the case from any damages, if this is deemed necessary.
- The case and bracelet are placed in an ultrasound washing machine.
- We reinstall the glass, the buttons, the crown and the lid on the case – with no mechanism inside – and the case is hermetically sealed.
- The case is placed in a water tester under real water conditions. This way, we can locate any water ingress points.
- Successful completion of all tests on the case and mechanism is followed by the final assembly step, during which the accuracy of the watch is checked in 5 different positions.
- If deemed necessary, the watch is readjusted according to the specifications of the manufacturer.
- The watch, hermetically closed with the mechanism inside, is now placed in a chamber (water resistance tester) with air (0,5-10,0 bar) in order to check its water tightness
(Air ingresses more easily into a watch than water).
- After completion of the service, the watch is placed on a machine that simulates the movements of the hand, where it will remain for at least one week in order to monitor the accuracy and any other problems that may arise.
Checking and waterproofing are performed using state-of-the-art air and water equipment. First, a test is performed in the tester with air (air ingresses more easily than water). If it does not appear to be tight, the watch is consequently tested in water in order to determine the exact point of leakage, and the gaskets are replaced (lid, winder, button, crystal). After completion of the procedure, the watch is checked again in the tester using air (under real pressure conditions). When it passes the test, a result report is printed. This report is attached to the written guarantee / tightness certificate of the watch.
Your watch has resistance to water thanks to a series of gaskets or rubber seals. These may lose their tightness due to wear under normal conditions of use.
We strongly recommend that you have your watch checked at regular intervals (i.e. once a year), if you wear your watch while exercising or if it frequently comes into contact with water. Having your watch checked at regular intervals, you will also find out whether your watch has sufficient resistance to water. If not, the gaskets and rubber seals will have to be replaced. With normal use, we recommend replacement of the gaskets or rubber seals every three years or, for instance, with each battery replacement, in order to ensure maximum safety. Finally, if condense water is formed under the crystal of your waterproof watch, the gaskets or rubber seals may be worn. In this case, we suggest that you bring in your watch as soon as possible, so that we can address the issue.
— Steps for water resistance testing of a watch.
- The watch is placed in a water resistance tester filled with air. (Water Resistance Tester).
- The movement mechanism and the strap or bracelet are removed from the case.
- The case is then sealed tightly and placed in a water resistance tester, which will reveal the points at which water enters the watch. In this specific case, the water ingresses through the crown.
- The point in question is repaired by replacing the crown seal.
- The case is once more inserted into the water resistance tester, which proves that the watch has been properly repaired.
- Τοποθετούμε τον μηχανισμό κίνησης στην κάσα και το σφραγίζουμε ερμητικά.
- The movement mechanism is installed in the case and the watch is tightly sealed. The watch is now placed in a water resistance tester filled with air. This watch now passes the test. The report for the guarantee is printed. The strap or bracelet is reattached to the watch and all functionalities of the watch are checked.
WATCH BATTERY REPLACEMENT
We have a wide range of batteries of all types (for wristwatches, wall clocks, shelf clocks, remote controls, etc. of 1,5V, 3V, 12V) for retail and wholesale. We perform battery replacements for all types of watches (CASIO G-SHOCK, TAG HEUER, TISSOT, OMEGA, etc.) combined with waterproof testing and adjustment of all functions (time, day, analogue, digital, etc.). For watches, we use batteries by the Swiss manufacturer RENATA which are used by the major watch brands all over the world.
When replacing batteries, we first check the battery itself and subsequently the power consumption by the mechanism in order to determine any other issues apart from the battery.
On average, your battery needs to be replaced every 2 years.
Never leave a depleted battery in your watch, because any damages to it may adversely affect the mechanism.
Batteries should only be replaced by a specialist watch service. After battery replacement in water resistant watches, the water resistance will need to be checked using the waterproof tester.